Wednesday, October 3rd, 2012 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
GRAND LAKE - Another pilot started Tuesday on Grand Lake, this one using aeration and natural microbes to reduce sediment and improve water quality. The test is being conducted in a channel at Otterbein Senior Lifestyle Choices . . .
A 66-year-old Rockford man has been upgraded to fair condition after being pinned by a backhoe at his home Tuesday morning, Ronald Frahm, 2850 state Route 707, was operating a backhoe implement attached to his farm tractor shor . . .
At an age when most men look for more subtle and gentler pursuits, Bill Montgomery still loves to play baseball. In September, Montgomery traveled to Cooperstown, New York, to play in the Legends of Baseball World Series, a tou . . .
FORT RECOVERY - The Fort Recovery Indians' volleyball team earned bragging rights over Jay County after winning the Ohio/Indiana border battle in three games on Tuesday night at Fort Site Fieldhouse. Serving helped the Indians . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Interim chosen fair manager
• Wind farm soon will be top Van Wert taxpayer
• Commissioners hire company to handle electronic payments
• County declines mediation in wrongful death lawsuit
• Dog park proposed in Minster
• Rockford water fund surplus predicted at $250,000
• More or better parking sought
• Crown buys more space to manufacture
• Celina is one win from capturing the WBL championship
• Coldwater has already earned spot in playoffs
• Bulldogs earn road win at Shawnee
Ruth Ann Burch, 56, McCartyville, died Sept. 30, 2012, during a pilgrimage to Mejugorje, Croatia. She was born Nov. 3, 1955, in Sidney to Cletus and Mary Ruth Homan Hoying, who survive in McCartyville. On Oct. 5, 1984, she marr . . .
Ruth E. Shadrach, 77, Celina, died Oct. 2, 2012, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. She was born March 1, 1935, in Chattanooga, to Jesse E. and Barbara D. Daughtery Huston. She married Guy Shadrach, who di . . .
Marilyn R. Stewart, 78, formerly of Celina, died Sept. 23, 2012, at Sun City Center Hospice House, Ruskin, Fla. She was born May 14, 1934, in Van Wert to Glenn Sr. and Leah Matthews. On Sept. 30, 1972, she married Gary L. Stewa . . .
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, March 11
Saturday, February 4