Friday, January 18th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ROCKFORD - Cubes of melting paint and large sheets of paper helped bridge the generation gap at the Laurels of Shane Hill on Thursday. Head Start preschool students have made themselves at home in their new classroom at the nur . . .
ST. MARYS - Brian Stetler was hoping for a strong start when Celina's girls basketball team visited rival St. Marys on Thursday night, and the Lady Bulldogs obliged. Celina jumped in front 28-0 and rolled to a 48-17 win over th . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Cropland sees recovery from summer drought
• Wangler asks Supreme Court for case review
• No passing zones to be reviewed this year
• Teachers learn survival skills
• Tenant injured in St. Henry apartment fire
• Versailles the lone unbeaten in MAC
• Fischer buries five treys in Minster's win
• Flyers snap four-game skid by beating Redskins
• Rangers, Cavaliers still one game back in MAC standings
Betty Lou Davis Amey, 80, passed away Jan. 8, 2013, in San Antonio, Texas. She was born Sept. 27, 1932, in Clarksburg, W.V., but resided in Celina and Defiance for the bulk of her life. Surviving are her San Antonio family, t . . .
Kevin Richards, 61, Hilliard, died Jan. 16, 2013. Surviving are his loving wife of 17 years, Karla, and children, Hannah and Austin, all of Hilliard; sisters Josi Richard of Washington, and Jodie Heath of California; br . . .
Clora Genevra Barker, 90, Mendon, died Jan. 17, 2013, at Van Wert Inpatient Hospice Center. She was born April 1, 1922, in Van Wert County to Carl and Sarah McCoy Mohler. On March 18, 1943, she married Charles Barker, who died . . .
Thursday, May 28
Wednesday, May 27
Saturday, May 23
Saturday, May 23