Wednesday, September 11th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - Local taxpayers will shell out $125,000 for a vacant lakeside property after an appeals court ruled that zoning denials by Mercer County officials left the owners with no economic use for the land. County commissioners . . .
CELINA - Mercer County Commissioners likely will outsource the county's real estate billing process at a savings of at least $3,000 per year. County treasurer Dave Kaiser and information technologist Todd Highley on Tuesday wer . . .
CELINA - A couple of days after posting a season high in goals, the Celina boys soccer team matched that same total in the first half. Celina scored six times in the first 40 minutes and improved to 3-0 in Western Buckeye Leagu . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Council OKs lease for parking, maybe wells
• Fort teachers prepping third grade students for state test
• Auglaize health board starts study
• Parents speak out at Parkway meeting against Common Core curriculum
• Celina worker critically injured in motorcycle crash
• Students not allowed to take math books home because fewer texts bought to save money
• Celina sisters put their skills to work in new 'shabby chic' shop
• Minster rallies for win after losing first game
John V. Stinebaugh, 89, Wapakoneta, passed away at 3:35 p.m. Sept. 8, 2013, at Auglaize Acres. He was born March 31, 1924, in Auglaize County to Oscar and Edith Weadock Stinebaugh. He is survived by his loving wife of 40 years, . . .
Helen L. Roop, 83, Wapakoneta, died at 10:48 a.m. Sept. 10, 2013, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. She was born in Wapakoneta to Don Wm. and Hazel L. Smith Benzing. On Aug. 26, 1949, she married T.J. Roop, who survives. Al . . .
Paul E. Saxman, 75, Redkey, Ind., died Sept. 9, 2013, at his residence. He was born Dec. 14, 1937, in Wabash Township, Jay County, Ind., to William and Grace Wall Saxman. On Sept. 6, 1959, he married to Marlys Ross, who surviv . . .
Tuesday, February 21
Monday, February 20
Saturday, February 18
Friday, February 17