Saturday, October 5th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
GRAND LAKE AREA - More than two-thirds of forests dotting the local countryside have vanished in the last 70 years. Cornstalks, soybean plants and grazing pastures now exist on thousands of farmland acres that once were home to . . .
CELINA - After a fairly stagnant first half of play, Celina's offense turned on the jets in the second half and scored five touchdowns en route to a 49-23 victory over rival St. Marys on Friday night at Celina Stadium. St. Mary . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Five townships to gain funds with adjustment
• Cavaliers make the most of limited possessions
• Minster knocks off Anna with late score
• Defense stands strong for Indians
• Campbell's three scores help Tigers top Panthers
• Ruhlman wins again at Eldora Speedway
• Kenton blows out O-G to remain perfect
• Locals resume today at UNOH
Audrey M. Grieshop McEldowney, 91, of the Gardens in St. Henry and formerly of Rossburg, passed away at 10:26 p.m. Oct. 3, 2013, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. She was born Feb. 10, 1922, in Darke County to Ler . . .
Marie B. Langenkamp, 88, North Star, died Oct. 4, 2013, at Celina Manor Nursing Home, Celina. She was born Oct. 21, 1924, in Burkettsville to Joseph and Josephine Weis Stammen. On Aug. 7, 1946, she married Ado F. Langenkamp, wh . . .