Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Friday, October 11th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - Christopher Summers made an emotional plea in Mercer County Common Pleas Court Thursday afternoon, apologizing to the former student with whom he had a 28-month relationship and requesting probation so he could spend tim . . .
Mercer County Soil and Water Conservation District board members reviewed three invalid allegations of improper manure application during their regular meeting Thursday. The first allegation was reported on Sept. 10 at the corn . . .
ST. MARYS - If you heard deafening cheers and other celebratory commotion on the west end of St. Marys at around 9 p.m. on Thursday night, it was for good reason. Following their 8-0 drubbing of the Van Wert Cougars, the Rough . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• State, county leaders discuss variety of issues
• Montezuma man faces additional charges for firearms possession
• Area bicyclist seriously injured in crash
• Minster sweeps team titles
• Flyers clinch outright MAC championship
• Celina earns share of 25th WBL title in volleyball
• Eldora's last event of the season is UNOH Sprintacular
• Cardinals sweep three from Panthers
• Coldwater knocks off St. Henry for the first time in six years
• Take trip back in time on hike
Vonalee "Vonnie" G. (Finke) Martin, 70, St. Marys, was called home while surrounded by loved ones in the home of her daughter at 11:45 p.m. Oct. 9. It was the end of a rapid and progressive battle of cancer but a new beginnin . . .
Phyllis Ann Kuhn, 80, Celina, died at 12:20 a.m. Oct. 11, 2013, at the Laurels of Shane Hill, Rockford. She was born July 17, 1933, in Mercer County, to Russell T. and Ocie I. Roebuck Fetters. On Aug. 9, 1952, she married Har . . .
Norman R. Thiebeau, 73, St. Marys, died at 9:20 a.m. Oct. 10, 2013, at St. Marys Living Center. He was born Nov. 13, 1939, in Versailles, to Robert and Druscilla Berger Thiebeau. On Nov. 27, 1959, he married Dorothy Rhodes in T . . .
Bessie Snyder Fahncke, 94, Celina, passed away at 9:40 a.m. Oct. 10, 2013, at the Laurels of Shane Hill, Rockford. She was born Sept. 2, 1919, in Rockford, to Benjamin and Merlie Rush Snyder. On June 15, 1937, she married No . . .