Thursday, December 12th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Editor's note: This is the first story of a three-part series about the heroin problem in the area, its impact on the community and steps being taken to deal with the problem. Names of those dealing with heroin addiction have bee . . .
CELINA - Health officials appeared optimistic Wednesday after learning improvements were made at a local refuse facility that remains in violation of the open dumping law. Chris Miller, sanitarian for the Mercer County-Celina C . . .
In a few months, John Dorner will begin his 25th year as St. Henry's baseball coach with an additional title - Hall of Famer. Dorner will be inducted into the Ohio High School Baseball Coaches Association's Hall of Fame on Jan. . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Hearing on firing of former police chief set back to February
• Judge hears arguments in spillway suit
• Three arrested on drug charges in Celina, Coldwater traffic stops
• School renewal levy to appear on May ballot
• Auglaize health staff granted raises
• Friends collaborate for Yellow Springs art exhibit
• Redskins, Wildcats looking for an identity
• Celina hosting Bath for WBL opener
• Bertke was dominant for Flyers, Polar Bears
Zeta Marie Prueter, 91, formerly of New Knoxville, died at 12:50 a.m. Dec. 10, 2013, at Elmwood Assisted Living Center, New Bremen. She was born Dec. 18, 1921, in Wapakoneta, to Homer and Agnes Craft Krieger. On Dec. 8, 1945, s . . .
Keith W. "Harry Dog" Harrod, 61, Kettlersville, was found dead at his residence Dec. 10, 2013. He was born Nov. 6, 1952, in Harrod. Surviving are many close friends who were like family to him, including Becky Knutzen, St. Ma . . .
Thursday, March 23
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, February 4