Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Friday, January 10th, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
FORT RECOVERY - The brick-and-mortar school was closed three days this week due to snow but students continued learning via online instruction. All five state-allotted calamity days were used by Fort Recovery schools prior to . . .
ROCKFORD - Lynn Hughes couldn't remember the last time that Parkway's girls basketball team won a game in the Midwest Athletic Conference; however, it's safe to assume that Thursday's win over Fort Recovery won't soon be forg . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Salt use surges with recent snowstorm
• Income surveys crucial to snaring waterline grant
• Merchants set to 'wine' about winter
• Hearing set to talk about Route 29 tile
• Hospital, union agree to pact
• Auglaize County stays off road level alert system
• Rangers knock off #1 Flyers
• Two spurts carry Cavs to win over Cardinals
• Wildcats improve to 3-1 in MAC play
Ida Bernice Bollenbacher Fahncke, 100, formerly of Celina, died Jan. 2, 2014, in Williamsburg, Va. She was born June 3, 1913, in Mercer County to Benjamin and Rosa Trisel Bollenbacher. On Feb. 17, 1940, she married Herbert C. F . . .
Eric J. Hopkins, 43, Hilliard, passed away Jan. 7, 2014. He was a loving son, husband and father and was at home with his family when he passed. We know he is with our Lord, as a healthy young man, in his baseball uniform, read . . .
Thelma Fannon, 97, St. Marys, died Jan. 9, 2014, at Celina Manor Nursing Home, Celina. Arrangements are being completed with Miller Funeral Homes, St. Marys. . . .