Saturday, January 25th, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Bitter cold temperatures and repeated snowfalls are wreaking havoc on school districts' budgets and schedules. Local superintendents are watching the budget as heating and operational costs increase with the extended cold temp . . .
ST. MARYS - The hoop must have seemed like it was as big as Grand Lake for Celina's boys basketball team on Friday night. Celina shot 66 percent from the field and rolled to a 62-40 victory over rival St. Marys during Western B . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Costs minimal to implement Common Core standards
• Exam set to find new chief
• Minster tops Parkway for first MAC victory
• Quicker tempo lifts Flyers over Tigers
• Sheffer provides spark in Fort Recovery win
• St. John's earns road win over St. Henry
• Four remain tied on top of WBL standings
Cletus D. Stoepfel Jr., 75, Celina, died Jan. 23, 2014, at Lima Memorial Hospital. He was born April 14, 1938, in Putnam County, to Jennie M. Mapes and Elbert Todd and Cletus F. and Clela Alt Stoepfel. On June 27, 1959, he marr . . .
Mary Lou Carroll, 69, of Celina, died Jan. 24, 2014, at her residence. She was born July 19, 1945, in Celina, to Louis and Juanita Bollenbacher Gibson. She married Roger Carroll, who survives. Also surviving are three daugh . . .