Friday, June 6th, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - Two area teens reportedly are recovering at a hospital in Dayton after overdosing on over-the-counter cold medicine trying to get high. In all, four Celina teens were found to have abused Coricidin Cough and Cold medic . . .
COLUMBUS - It was a sweet pickle for Coldwater. Adam Klosterman scored on a wild throw in the bottom of the 10th inning to send the Cavaliers to the state championship game with a 3-2 win over Wheelersburg at Huntington Park i . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Educational trail planned near lake
• Input prompts change in courthouse upgrade plan
• Beekeepers, nurseries can apply for disaster funds
• Two Celina companies submit bids on second phase of treatment train
• CHCA brings strong pitching to finals
• Club 29 drivers Owens and Robinson sweep Thursday's features
• Mariners drop season opener
Dwight L. "Hoolie" Custer, 100, of Rockford, died at 5:20 p.m. June 1, 2014, at the Laurels of Shane Hill, where he had been a resident for a short time. He was born May 22, 1914, in Rockford, to Franklin Perry and Della Mae Sh . . .
Jane Wilkins, 76, Celina, passed away at 2:15 p.m. on June 2, 2014, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. She was born April 7, 1938, in Celina, to Franklin "Buzz" and Rita Fischer Wise. She married Ned Wilkins, who preceded her . . .