Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Thursday, August 24th, 2006 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
While peers embark on their senior year of high school, a 17-year-old Celina boy faces the prospect of a lengthy prison term following a Wednesday afternoon appearance in Mercer County Common Pleas Court. Brett W. Wyerick, who . . .
Most of the nutrients entering Grand Lake come from the largest land use in the 71,862- acre watershed - farmland. But there a multitude of facets to the lake's water quality problems rather than just agriculture, panel members . . .
When it comes to gaining computer points, winning games is the most important factor, but good scheduling is a close second. With the addition of Anna to the Midwest Athletic Conference, teams in that league will play only one n . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Workers may soon get health checkups
• Loss only inspires family to keep tradition going
• What's next for improving lake
• Local checkpoint to target impaired drivers
• Board agrees to continue serving
• Hospital stepping up private room usage
• Governor's Cup Regatta can be seen on Web cam
• Man enters guilty plea in area break-ins
• Students may have problem eating lunch but drive time is adequate
• Panther girls improve to 2-0
• Bulldogs learning on the run under Harris
• Cupboard not bare for defending state champs
• Depth a concern, but Indians should be better
• Kuhn has a few changes in store for Parkway
• Flyers hungry for return trip to postseason
• New coach has veterans to rely on for Wildcats
• Cardinals hoping to rebound from winless 2005
• Talent-rich team returning for Redskins
• Drastic division classification changes set by OHSAA committee coming next year
• Roughriders want back into postseason play
• Schondelmyer looks to open up Tigers' offense
• Stoner back in coaching for first time in a decade
• Diller expecting strong campaign from Cavs
• Fort Recovery has high goals with new coach
• Flyers hope to carry momentum from 2005
• Craft gets full season with Minster this year
• Cardinals focused on improving for 2006
• Marbaugh moves from assistant to head coach
• St. Henry seeking 14th straight MAC crown
• Inexperienced 'Riders looking to improve
• Big expectations surrounding Versailles spikers
Ronald J. Brewer, 74, 421 Johnson Ave., Celina, died at 12:15 a.m. Aug. 23, 2006, at St. Joseph Specialty Hospital, Fort Wayne, Ind. He was born Aug. 24, 1931, in Celina, to Ron and Jessie Krugh Hill Brewer. On June 13, 1954, h . . .
Albert L. Cross, 91, 155 Notheana Drive, St. Marys, died at 2 p.m. Aug. 23, 2006, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. Arrangements are pending at Miller Funeral Home, St. Marys. . . .
Former Celina resident Marcella "Sally" Dock, 89, died Aug. 22, 2006, at Friendship Village, Kalamazoo, Mich. She was born June 16, 1917, in Washington Township, to Donald and Nellie Dundon Hassan. On Dec. 24, 1939, she marri . . .
Virginia L. Heckler, 78, 424 W. Fulton St., Celina, died at 5 p.m. Aug. 21, 2006, at her residence. She was born Jan. 17, 1928, in Celina, to Ralph and Mabel Rexrode Wilson. On Oct. 17, 1947, she married James Heckler, who die . . .
Adel "Gundi" Luedeke, 60, 212 N. Pear St., St. Marys, died at 9:30 p.m. Aug. 23, 2006, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. She was born June 22, 1946, in Neunkirchen, Germany, to Lilli Dinges. On June 17, . . .
Mercer County native Edna R. Wilker Schunk, 83, of Dayton, died Aug. 19, 2006, at Heartland of Kettering. She was born Nov. 2, 1922, in Mercer County, to Joseph and Wilhelmina Wilker. She married Charles E. Shunk, who is decea . . .