Friday, March 30th, 2007 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Some area middle school students cannot read cursive writing when they see it on the board. On a recent SAT test essay question, only 15 percent of 1.5 million high school students taking the test wrote in cursive. The rest print . . .
Compiled by Gary R. Rasberry Celina finally was able to feel what it was like to score a boatload of runs in the first inning after giving up eight runs combined in the first inning of their first two games. Unfortunately, . . .
A 33-year-old Spencerville man has submitted a written not guilty plea to charges he stabbed another man in the neck in a bar fight in St. Marys on March 12. Eric C. Knopp offered the plea in Auglaize County Common Pleas Court . . .
A plain, hard-cooked egg often turns into an eye-catching decoration at Easter time - just add a little dye, paint, foil, wax, sequins, even gold trim and gems. Coloring Easter eggs is an ancient tradition. The egg - a symbol o . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Animal carcasses dumped in creek near Ft. Recovery
• Grand Lake bald eagles hatch unknown number of young
• $65 million budget to be in the black
• Man charged in assault of two police officers
• Area man enters plea to sex charges
• Increased rental of fairgrounds to up Mercer County Fair funding
• Bruggeman has big day for St. Henry
• Bulldogs break game open with six-run third
• Cavs' James delivers game-winner in seventh
Corinne M. Kessen, 86, 1506 Meadowview Dr., Celina, died at 10 a.m. March 28, 2007, at the Miller House, Celina. She was born June 9, 1920, in Celina, to John and Rose Winner Rohler. On July 20, 1946, she married Urban H. Kesse . . .
Norbert J. Huber, 81, U.S. Route 127, North Star, died at 5:08 a.m. March 29, 2007, at Grandview Hospital, Dayton, of natural causes. He was born Dec. 28, 1925, in Fort Loramie, to Frank and Hedwig Schulze Huber. Surviving ar . . .
Thursday, March 23
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, February 4