Friday, November 30th, 2007 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
There are well over a million pages of information in the genealogy room at the Mercer County Public Library in Celina that could provide just one little thread leading someone to his great-great-great-grandfather. And, there are . . .
COLDWATER - The Coldwater Cavaliers used a stingy defense and just enough offense down the stretch to defeat the Parkway Panthers 34-32 Thursday night in the Midwest Athletic Conference opener for both teams at The Palace. Col . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Officials submit budgets
• Geotextile tubes OK'd for shoreline
• Spencerville man could get life in prison
• New Bremen superintendent is speaker at OSBA conference
• Many changes at New Bremen schools
• Pay ordinance would result in raises for some
• Celina churches to present first combined live nativity
• Celina blows out Defiance in WBL opener
• Versailles wins big over Fort Recovery
Daniel L. Kneisley, 53, of Bluffton, died Nov. 23, 2007, at his home. Death is undetermined. He was born May 4, 1954, in Marion, to James L. and Doris Long Kneisley. His father survives in Findlay, and his mother is deceased. . . .
Coldwater native Dorothy M. Piekenbrock, 78, of Tucson, Ariz., died Nov. 16, 2007, in Madeira Canyon, Ariz. She was born June 23, 1929, in Coldwater to Carl and Gertrude Kaiser Giere. On April 19, 1950, she married Roman Pieken . . .
Ilo M. Smith, 76, of Celina, died Nov. 29, 2007, at Lima Memorial Health System. Arrangements are pending at W.H. Dick & Sons-Hellwarth Funeral Home, Celina. . . .