Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Tuesday, February 12th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Ella Steele counts herself lucky that two men from down the street smelled smoke around 9 a.m. this morning and rescued her from her burning mobile home at Mercelina trailer park. The 84-year-old was sitting at her kitchen tabl . . .
The Celina girls basketball team ended a 17-year drought on Monday night at the Fieldhouse. Celina put four girls in double figures and held off Ottawa-Glandorf for a 52-45 win, earning the Bulldogs a share of the Western Bucke . . .
ST. MARYS - Last week's flooding of the St. Marys River brought with it a leak from an old underground fuel tank. Ohio EPA, the county emergency management office and the city fire department are working together to figure out wh . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Software blamed for tax bill errors in Mercer County
• Coldwater's wastewater treatment plant holds up under recent flood
• Celina woman admits to assault on police officers
• Illegal gun owner faces time in prison
• Board reviews possible summer projects
• City officials want to reconstruct Market Street
• Purchase of sewer camera will save city money
• Farmers can apply for low interest loans for equipment
• Celina's success rests on emphasis of team game
• Strong start pushes Flyers past Big Green
Victor Frederick Fledderjohann, 87, 10876 state Route 66, St. Marys, died at 5:45 a.m. Feb. 11, 2008, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. He was born Jan. 12, 1921, in rural New Knoxville, to Frederick A. a . . .
The Rev. Francis Kinney, 86, died at 8:15 p.m. Feb. 9, 2008, in the infirmary at St. Charles Center, Carthagena. He was born Nov. 8, 1921, in Ironton, to Francis and Norma Eberfeld Kinney. Survivors are three sisters, Sister . . .
Edgar A. Moorman, 81, 919 W. Vine St., Coldwater, died at 4:30 p.m. Feb. 10, 2008, at his residence. He was born July 31, 1926, in Coldwater, to Ferd and Cecilia Weyer Moorman. On April 25, 1945, he married Rosemary J. Hein, wh . . .