Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Thursday, February 5th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Five local farmers suing the state over flooding on their land from the West Bank spillway on Grand Lake have accepted payments from the state totaling more than $1 million. But the farmers feel the payments are too low and hav . . .
For Rory Dahlinghaus, basketball has provided more than just an outlet to keep him busy in the frigid winter months. Over the course of the past three-plus decades, his steady relationship with the sport earned him a college . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• County officials want state to pay share of Beaver Creek upkeep
• Mobile home park's future is in jeopardy
• City officials approve allocation of $10,000 for Governor's Cup Regatta
• Leased car to remain in Celina budget
• Change is good for commercial inspections
• Intoxicated St. Marys man crashes into house
• Small club with a big atmosphere
• Homan makes it official at OSU
• Roughrider duo signs with Cougars
• St. Henry's Balster signs on to be an Oiler
• St. John's girls at New Bremen
Alice Fay Klinger, 61, 911 Cleveland Ave., St. Marys, died at 5:30 p.m. Feb. 4, 2009, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. Death was due to cancer. Arrangements are pending at Miller-Long Funeral Home (High . . .
Howard R. LeCompte, 61, of Celina, died at 7:10 p.m. Feb. 4, 2009, at home. Death was due to natural causes. He was born Nov. 14, 1947, in Dayton, to Jacque H. and Lucille Myrtle Dryden LeCompte, who survive in Celina. On Oct. . . .
Fort Recovery native Joyce Stein Roughton, 69, of Kitty Hawk, N.C., died Feb. 2, 2009, at her residence. She was born March 5, 1939, in Fort Recovery, to Ferdinand and Katheryn Hipsher Stein. Her mother survives in Miami, Fla. . . .
Former Spencerville resident Helen M. Wiechart, 80, of Delphos, died at 2:30 p.m. Feb. 3, 2009, at Indiana University Hospital, Indianapolis. She was born in Delphos on May 16, 1928, to Alphonse and Anna Marie Hesseling Schwinn . . .
Charles A. Wolf, 95, of Otterbein St. Marys Retirement Community, died at 7:38 a.m. Feb. 4, 2009, at home. He was born June 3, 1913, in Minster, to Anton and Mary Poeppelman Wolf. On Sept. 14, 1938, he married Leona Westerheide . . .