Friday, March 20th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
A local organization has received its biggest donation ever - more than $1.3 million - to fund future medical needs throughout Mercer County. The Mercer County Civic Foundation recently was handed the donation from the Mercer C . . .
Cheering people and waving flags will greet U.S. Army Spec. Kyle Sudhoff of St. Anthony when he comes home Saturday on a 30-day leave after being critically injured while serving in Afghanistan. Sudhoff, a 2005 graduate of Cold . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Former Coldwater priest returns to ministry after sex activity arrest in Dayton
• New terminal may go up at airport
• Property owners must meet with administrator over sewer installation
• Used scoreboard given to Fort park
• If proposal approved, schools could receive more TIF funds
• Bids for projects lower than estimated
• Wayne Street UMC project reaches final steps
• Versailles falls in state semifinals
Thomas T. "Tom" Byrne, 83, of Fort Wayne, Ind., and formerly of Delphos, died at 10:30 p.m. March 18, 2009, at Lutheran Hospital, Fort Wayne. He was born Aug. 8, 1925, in Ottoville, to Joseph and Hilda Van Oss Byrne. On Aug. 11 . . .
Donald E. Harrod, 67, 125 First Ave., Coldwater, died at 11 p.m. March 17, 2009, at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton. He was born Feb. 16, 1942, in Mercer County to Robert and Annabelle Forwerck Harrod. He married Beth Ranger, w . . .
Victor E. Wiehe, 90, of Fort McCoy, Fla., died at 1:55 p.m. March 17, 2009, at Tuscany Hospice House of Marion County, Summerfield, Fla. He resided at the VFW home in Fort McCoy for the last four years. He was born April 6, 191 . . .