Tuesday, April 27th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - A proposal to rescind the city's 1 percent tax credit for residents who work in other villages or cities was tabled by Celina City Council members on Monday night. Council members were poised for second reading of the . . .
To get the opportunity to be a head coach at your alma mater is a great honor, but for Chip Otten, getting the chance is a little bittersweet. The Coldwater graduate will officially be named the Cavaliers' head football coach a . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Chief: Do not cripple police dept.
• Desire for job creation driving force behind no-interest deal at Celina industrial park
• Union Township adds millage
• Chickasaw seeks 5-year levy
• Franklin Township voters to decide on zoning rule referendum
• Patients praise neurological development center
• Property clean-up showing progress
• Workers busy sprucing up village
• Volleyball court removal sought
• Parkway has strong showing at Waynesfield Invitational
• Deadline nearing for EQIP funding
Gene Leininger, 90, of Rockford, died at 10:15 p.m. April 23, 2010, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. He was born Dec. 29, 1919, in Mercer County, to Samuel Jacob and Lela Myers Leininger. On Dec. 24, 1943, he married Ruth LaVaun C . . .
Waldon J. "Deacon" Richards, 78, 56 Eastview Drive, Fort Loramie, died at 11:30 p.m. April 25, 2010, at his home. He was born Sept. 22, 1931, in Sidney, to Willis and Helen Yunkin Richards. On June 13, 1959, he married Naomi M. . . .
James "Jim" Uhlenhake, 57, St. Henry, died at 5:45 a.m. April 26, 2010, at Miami Valley Hospital, Dayton. He was born June 13, 1952, in St. Henry, to Thomas and Marie Brunswick Uhlenhake, who are deceased. On Dec. 15, 1979, h . . .