Thursday, October 27th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
A 21-year-old Lewisville man reportedly had cocaine and heroin in his system when he caused an Oct. 3 traffic accident that critically injured a member of the Mercer County Emergency Response Volunteers. Kameron J. McCarty was . . .
CELINA - A very stingy defense and a well-placed boot by Kelly Heitkamp helped the St. Marys Roughriders advance to Saturday's Division II district final. Heitkamp scored a goal off a 35-yard boot with 35 1/2 minutes left to pl . . .
The Mercer County Sheriff's Office has upgraded its website, www.mercercountysheriff.org. The revised format was unveiled this week with the work being done in-house by technolog . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Doctor: 'I may have touched her'
• Early voting steady in both counties
• Celina precincts decreased to eight to meet mandate
• Sentencing date set for former baby sitter
• St. Marys school officials discuss designs for new tennis courts
• First-time author promoting new book
• Celina to battle Wapak for district championship
• Coldwater wins first but loses next three
• Minster, Versailles hoping for upsets
• Three-way race for MAC title
• Bath missing Smith in matchup against Celina
• Grand Lake Football Primer
Cleo M. Ponds, 93, Toledo, died Oct. 25, 2011, at Colonial Nursing Center, Rockford. She was born Aug. 3, 1918, in Toledo, where she had lived before coming to Rockford in 1978. Surviving are children Lee Ponds, Toledo, Debor . . .
Jerome B. "Jerry" Heitkamp, 85, Versailles, died at 1:55 a.m. Oct. 26, 2011 at Versailles Health Care Center. He was born March 29, 1926, in Maria Stein, to Leo and Clara Bills Heitkamp. On June 9, 1948, he married Mary Ann Hil . . .
Janice "Janet" Elaine Seibert, 74, Mendon, died at 9:37 a.m. Oct. 26, 2011, at her residence. She was born Aug. 9, 1937, in St. Marys, to William and Golda Goodwin Rupert. She married Larry Seibert, who is deceased. Surviving . . .
Janice A. Desch Layman, 72, Coldwater, died at 10:35 a.m. Oct. 26, 2011, at Briarwood Village, Coldwater. She was born Nov. 2, 1938, in Coldwater, to Bartel and Anna Meldrum Desch. On Feb. 7, 1959, she married Paul H. Layman, w . . .
Saturday, February 18
Friday, February 17
Friday, February 17
Thursday, February 16