Friday, April 13th, 2012 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Tourism in Auglaize and Mercer counties rebounded slightly in 2011 after suffering losses in 2010 and 2009. The total contribution from tourism to the local economy in 2011 was $41.1 million, up $763,217 from the previous year, . . .
ROCKFORD - The Parkway softball team opened the season with three options at pitcher, but injuries have trimmed the Panthers' pitching staff to one at this point. Sophomore Sierra Fent is proving that she is capable of be being . . .
Thousands of new trees are beautifying area communities thanks to a successful nationwide program. Tree City USA, which began in 1976, supports the planting of all types of trees and provides towns and cities with guidance rega . . .
CARTHAGENA - The Precious Blood Society is owner of two pipe organs designed by the prestigious Walter Holtkamp Sr., son of New Knoxville native H.H. Holtkamp. In fact, the two organs represent one of the first and last designe . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Mock crash brings poor choices to light
• Youth key to strong economic future
• $3.9M in conservation funding approved
• CVB honors tourism supporters
• Coldwater woman reportedly huffs then crashes car
• Living on the wild side
• Spring Friends Luncheon held by civic foundation
• St. Henry's Rindler pitches one-hitter
• Minster opens MAC play with dominant showing
• Slack ready for opener at Eldora
• Cavaliers blown out by Cougars
• WSU-LC rolls to five-inning victory