Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
His-N-Hers Styling Salon
Friday, May 18th, 2012 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
MONTEZUMA - County and township officials this week gave unanimous approval to a plan by three families to preserve more than 500 acres of farmland for the next 10 years. The applications from the Franklin Township farmers for . . .
LIMA - Eric Schmackers was as efficient as a pitcher could be. The Coldwater senior faced just two batters over the mimimum and threw fewer than 70 pitches to get the Cavaliers to the Division III District final with a 6-1 win . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Officials not fretting setbacks
• SWCD distributes funds to help obtain conservation grant
• Auglaize commissioners open bid for courthouse furniture
• New Bremen students lobby for civilian salute during National Anthem
• Graduation set for Sunday for Fort Recovery seniors
• Road reconstruction bids come in under estimate
• Local athletes have strong outings
• Niemeyer named top baseball player
• Floyd, Esselstein take softball honors
• UNOH basketball teams sign Indians players
• UMP highlights Family Fun Night
Barbara A. Egbert, 74, of New Bremen, died at 12:05 a.m. May 17, 2012, at her home. She was born May 13, 1938, in Minster, to Steven and Ruby Mackley Oldiges. On May 25, 1957, she married Alvin Egbert, who died Sept. 16, 2003. . . .
Catherine Marcella Heil Grundish, 93, died at 6:45 p.m. May 2, 2012, at Golden Living Center-Valley, St. Marys. She was born Nov. 8, 1918, in New Bremen, to Clarence and Catherine Frenzer Heil. On Feb. 22, 1941, she married Cla . . .
Donald P. Meyer, 43, Newport, died May 17, 2012, of injuries sustained in a one-vehicle traffic accident near Russia in Shelby County. He was born Dec. 6, 1968, in St. Marys to Adolph "Sonny" and Joan Utz Meyer, who survive in . . .