Wednesday, August 28th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ST. MARYS - A new state transportation funding formula could allow St. Marys to reinstate full busing within the next month. School board members on Tuesday met with Ohio School Board Association's Senior Transportation Coordin . . .
CELINA - Kerns Auto Group is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the recent theft of two vehicles. The vehicles - a silver 2007 Cadillac SRX and . . .
ST. HENRY - Just when it looked like Celina's volleyball team had the momentum after winning a tight first game, St. Henry took control of the match. The Bulldogs outlasted the Redskins for a 29-27 triumph in the opening game o . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Celina business planning expansion
• Cows lounge on waterbeds at area dairy
• Celina's general fund reported in good shape
• New Bremen Council OKs leasing land to Crown for parking lot
• Auglaize officials report construction of new, 26-pen dog pound underway
• Celina rallies for tie against preseason WBL favorite
• Flyers knock off D-IV perennial power
• West Ohio Tool plans major expansion
• Marion Local aiming for third straight state title
• Bulldogs seek back-to-back winning seasons
• Inexperienced players must step up for Cavs
• Niekamp optimistic Indians will be improved
• Flyers are loaded for another state title run
• Stokes ready to build on Minster's success
• Cardinals showing improved speed, strength
• Panthers try to rebound from winless season
• Luthman impressed by Redskins' work ethic
• Phillips hopes depth leads to improvement
• Bulldogs determined to contend in WBL
• Cavs look primed for another great season
• More experience should lead to better results
• Flyers loaded for another run at state title
• Wildcats need veterans to provide leadership
• Jenkins building a winner at New Bremen
• Parkway relying on a lot of young players
• Redskins have strong foundation in Mikesell
• VanderHorst back in charge of Roughriders
Mary Rose Bennett, 69, Celina, passed away Aug. 27, 2013, at her residence. She was born Dec. 8, 1943, in Eagle Pass, Texas, to Maria Guadalupe (Garza) and Adolph Enriquez Rodriguez. On Oct. 23, 1965, she married Greg Bennett . . .
Mary Ann Hausfeld, 74, of Piqua, died at 6:36 p.m. Aug. 25, 2013, at the Upper Valley Medical Center, Troy. She was born Oct. 28, 1938, in Osgood, to Alfred and Catherine Bills Bohman. On Nov. 23, 1964, she married Gerald E. "J . . .
Lisa A. Neace, 48, Celina, died Aug. 26, 2013, in the emergency department of Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. She was born Aug. 15, 1965, in Dayton, to Donnie R. and Constance Whitney Neace Sr. Surviving . . .
Virginia H. Fuelling Lueterhand, 92, Portland, Ind., died Aug. 26, 2013, at Dunkirk-Millers Merry Manor, Dunkirk, Ind. She was born Jan. 4, 1921, in Washington Township, to Lewis and Pearl Spreng Menchhofer. She married her fir . . .