Friday, November 22nd, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Sister Barbara Ann Hoying was a young nun teaching school in Virginia in 1963, excited that she was just across the Potomac River from the Washington Monument and the hub of Washington, D.C. The Carthagena native also was exc . . .
WAPAKONETA - A Wapakoneta man was honored Thursday night for his dedication to Auglaize County and its history. Verne Doenges received the first-ever Lifetime Achievement Award from the Auglaize County Historical Society during . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• St. Marys man convinced JFK's death a conspiracy
• Lake treatment train to double in size
• Sources to be host site for navigator to aid with Obamacare filings
• Local man's death investigated
• Tigers and Cavs are eerily similar
• Accolades galore for local athletes
• Cavaliers seeking state three-peat
• May confident Celina will have strong season
• Miller feels Cavs are headed in right direction
• Bubp expects strong season for Lady Indians
• Marion Local girls return a veteran squad
• Dalrymple loves the potential of her Wildcats
• New Bremen girls feature a deep roster
• Wenning has high hopes for Roughriders
• Former Bulldog steps up to coach at Celina
• Post among leaders for Cavalier grapplers
• St. Marys looking to repeat success
• Huber has young teams in first year as coach
• Lady Cavaliers seeking third straight state title
• Bruns, Hoyt looking for consistent improvement
• Reaching district tourney is Minster's goal
• Cardinals striving for better WOHSBC results
• Panthers are optimistic for improved results
• Redskins are WOHSBC contenders
• Roughriders will rely on some young bowlers
• West Ohio High School Bowling Conference
Ella Mae Barga, 87, of Union City, died Nov. 20, 2013, at Wayne Hospital, Greenville. She was born June 17, 1926, in Darke County, to Julius and Amelia Dorsten Mestemaker. Her husband, Ivan Barga, preceded her in death in 2008. . . .
William Cartwright, Celina, died Nov. 22, 2013, at his residence. Arrangements are being completed with Miller Funeral Home, St. Marys. . . .
Wilma H. Dues, 91, Philothea, died at 1:51 a.m. Nov. 21, 2013, at Briarwood Village, Coldwater. She was born Sept. 6, 1922, in St. Henry, to Louis and Anna Selhorst Lange. On Oct. 25, 1944, she married Sylvester Dues, who died . . .
John H. Heckler, 86, Celina, passed away at 4:35 a.m. Nov. 22, 2013, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. Funeral arrangements are pending at Lehman-Hogenkamp-Dzendzel Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
Rosella R. (Klosterman) Kessler, 87, Celina, passed away peacefully with her family nearby at 3:10 p.m. Nov. 20, 2013, at her daughter's residence in Celina. She was born Sept. 6, 1926, in Celina, to Aloys and Agnes (Gillig) Kl . . .
Marjorie A. Rethman, 74, Yorkshire, died at 4 a.m. Nov. 20, 2013, at Miami Valley Hospital, Dayton. She was born Oct. 16, 1939, in St. Henry, to Ralph and Alfreda Siefring Rose. Her mother survives in St. Henry. On April 28, 19 . . .
James R. Siebert, 86, Celina, passed away Nov. 20, 2013, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. He was born Aug. 5, 1927, in Hopewell Township, to Benjamin and Bertha Armstrong Siebert. He was previously married to Doris (Hehmeyer) Hoca . . .
Richard "Dick" Young, 80, Celina, died Nov. 21, 2013. Funeral arrangements are pending at Cisco Funeral Home, Celina. . . .