Friday, February 7th, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ST. MARYS - The flashing strobe lights in traffic signals in St. Marys and Celina have been removed to comply with Ohio law. St. Marys Law Director Kraig Noble on Wednesday recommended the immediate removal of three strobe ligh . . .
One of three Kansas brothers who became instant stars with popular YouTube videos about farming will speak at the inaugural Mercer County Ag Day on April 15. Greg Peterson will be the featured presenter at the event at the Merc . . .
NEW BREMEN - It has been a busy week for the New Bremen Lady Cardinals. On Monday night they lost to Fort Recovery after four overtime periods and then suffered another defeat on Tuesday at Spencerville. For the Cardinals' . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Slusser's quest to regain job going public
• Old pipes + frigid temps = costly water main breaks
• More than $12 million used to cut runoff into Grand Lake
• City must settle on sidewalk funding
• House fire blamed on wiring issue
• Rangers' Horstman reaches milestone
• Minster finishes second in MAC
• St. Henry turns up the pressure in second half
• Dilworth was a star hoopster for the Indians
• Parkway adding two to Hall of Fame
Edna M. Prenger, 91, Minster, died shortly after 3 a.m. Feb. 4, 2014, at Versailles Health Care Center, where she had been a resident since April 1, 2007. She had been suffering from dementia and Alzheimer's disease since 2005. . . .
Cathy Jo Prenger, 50, Celina, passed away at 7:20 p.m. Feb. 5, 2014, at her home with her family. She was born Dec. 31, 1963, in St. Marys, to John and Jill Hollman Bowers, who survive in St. Marys. On Aug. 11, 1990, she marrie . . .
Carol Dunlap-Reis, 70, Wapakoneta, died Feb. 6, 2014, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. Arrangements are being completed with Miller Funeral Homes, St. Marys. . . .