Wednesday, April 30th, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Ohio's harsh winter decimated the honey bee population throughout the state and may result in higher prices for some fruits and vegetables. Preliminary observations indicate Ohio beekeepers may have lost 50 to 80 percent of the . . .
ST. MARYS - The Celina boys tennis team started its slate of Western Buckeye League tennis matches this week in fine fashion by beating cross-lake rival St. Marys 4-1 on a windy Tuesday afternoon at Minster Bank Courts in St. Mar . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Human trafficking occurs locally
• Auglaize voters to decide new park levy
• County gets OK to manage bike path work
• New mental health, recovery services tax issue on ballot
• New Bremen school tax renewal on ballot
• St. Marys school district voters to decide tax levy
• Salon owner firm believer in good works
• Rain plays havoc on Tuesday's schedule
• Burke to join Hillsdale golf program
Hanley E. Evans, 73, St. Marys, died at 2:50 p.m. April 28, 2014, at his residence. He was born April 18, 1941, in Fonde, Ky., to Richard and Doshie Snodgrass Evans Sr. On May 8, 1971, he married Elaine L. Lynch in Sidney, and . . .
C. Eugene "Gene" Ruhlen, 84, passed away at his residence at Otterbein St. Marys on April 30, 2014. Arrangements are pending at W.H. Dick & Sons-Hellwarth Funeral Home, Mendon. . . .
Bernadetta A. Schulze, 88, New Bremen, died at 4:10 a.m. April 29, 2014, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. She was born July 17, 1925, in McCartyville, to August and Elizabeth Tuente Riethman. On June 18, . . .
Mary Belle Swonger, 82, Celina, passed away at 11:52 a.m. April 29, 2014, at her residence in Celina with her family. Arrangements are pending at Lehman-Hogenkamp-Dzendzel Funeral Home, Celina. . . .