Friday, May 23rd, 2008 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
At 80, Wilma Wynk recalls with bitterness the day her father ended her education and made her a full-time farmhand. "I was 16 and had just finished my sophomore year at Coldwater (High School)," says the Osgood resident. It w . . .
ELIDA - It's a familiar scenario: Coldwater playing for a district title in Elida. The Cavaliers advanced to the Division III district baseball final on Saturday with a 11-1 win over Paulding on Thursday at Ed Sandy Field in El . . .
DESHLER - The Celina softball team was one strike away from being ousted out of the postseason on Thursday, but the Bulldogs weren't ready to bail out quite yet. Trailing 1-0 in the bottom of the seventh with two outs and no on . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• 12 thefts of tools, vehicles reported in Auglaize County
• Band gets first superior under new director
• Celina pulls off shocking upset over top-ranked Defiance
• Cardinals, Lady Flyers out in front early
• Parkway coasts into regional tourney
• St. Marys tennis duo beaten at district level