Wednesday, May 20th, 2009 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Mercer County sales tax revenue is down 2.5 percent compared to last year although officials say the local area is faring much better than most across the state. The state of Ohio recently reported sales tax revenue lagging 6 p . . .
Mary Fisher, 81, of rural Montezuma was presented with the Mercer County Outstanding Senior Citizen award during Senior Citizens Day activities at Romer's at Westlake on Tuesday. The annual award is given by the Mercer County C . . .
BATH TOWNSHIP - The anticipated matchup between Bath and St. Marys, featuring two strong pitchers, lived up to the hype. The Roughriders drew first blood, but the cut the Wildkittens made was deep enough to plate two runs in th . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Miami and Erie Canal may get a makeover
• Top grads named ahead of Sunday commencement
• Salt could cost county big this winter
• Board approves numerous staff changes
• Officials still awaiting audit figures from defunct community school
• Solid waste districts awarded recycling grants totaling $56,000
• Minor injuries result from train, ambulance crash
• Another late rally for victory by Parkway
• Big third inning lifts St. Marys by Van Wert