Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Wednesday, June 10th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
FORT RECOVERY - Many parents and students are upset about the board of education's plan to reduce vo-ag teacher and FFA instructor Michael Gower's pay by 18 percent. Well over a hundred people came to the board meeting on Tuesd . . .
Celina Police are investigating the suspicious death of a local woman after she and her husband were found in an unresponsive state at their home Tuesday night. Michelle Riley, 36, 428 E. Livingston St., was pronounced dead whe . . .
The Grand Lake Mariners continued their successful run through the preseason slate on Tuesday night as they defeated the Decatur Dirty Birds 4-2 at Jim Hoess Field behind great pitching and timely hitting. The Mariners improved . . .
Local officials are trying to fill a need and increase revenue by creating more camp sites at the Mercer County Fairgrounds during fair week. Thirty-two additional camp sites will be added to the west of the cattle barns to hel . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Suits against Coldwater school board dismissed
• Superintendent will leave for new job
• Canoe trip raises awareness
• Celina gives Reynolds and Reynolds a small strip of land already used by company
• State lawmakers can't make up their minds on health regulations
• Employees want info on retire/rehire
• Coldwater BOE hears about techniques learned at workshop
• TV broadcasts switching to digital on Friday
• Local skateboarding group needs to raise $20,000
• Road salt supplier is chosen
• St. Henry slips past Celina in 10th inning
• New restaurant owners feature home cooking
• St. Marys drive-through moves to larger site
• Celina business one of few selected for Guard award
M. Leona Anderson, 100, formerly of 1509 White Oak Drive, St. Marys, died at 6:20 p.m. June 8, 2009, at the St. Marys Living Center. She was born Oct. 21, 1908, in St. Marys, to Homer and Vida Miller Anderson. Surviving are . . .
Rita S. Boeckman, 86, 810 Bernard Court, Coldwater, died at 10:42 a.m. June 8, 2009, at Briarwood Village, Coldwater. She was born April 16, 1923, in St. Peter, to Lawrence and Theresa Jacobs Will. On Oct. 16, 1943, she married . . .
Rosalee Burden, 83, formerly of Sandy Beach in St. Marys Township, died at 5:05 a.m. June 8, 2009, at Otterbein St. Marys Retirement Community. She was born Aug. 13, 1925, in Wapakoneta, to Aaron and Mary Jeanette Shawn Vorhees . . .
Memorial services for Master Sgt. Brian K. Naseman, of Racine, Wis., and formerly of New Bremen, will be conducted by the New Bremen American Legion at 6:45 p.m. June 11, 2009, at Holy Redeemer Catholic Church, New Bremen. Mass w . . .
Jack J. Tribolet, 72, of Van Wert, died at 2:33 a.m. June 9, 2009, at Van Wert Inpatient Hospice Center. He was born Sept. 13, 1936, in Van Wert, to Chester and Marcile McCollum Tribolet. On May 18, 1958, he married Barbara J. . . .