Wednesday, October 3rd, 2012 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
GRAND LAKE - Another pilot started Tuesday on Grand Lake, this one using aeration and natural microbes to reduce sediment and improve water quality. The test is being conducted in a channel at Otterbein Senior Lifestyle Choices . . .
A 66-year-old Rockford man has been upgraded to fair condition after being pinned by a backhoe at his home Tuesday morning, Ronald Frahm, 2850 state Route 707, was operating a backhoe implement attached to his farm tractor shor . . .
At an age when most men look for more subtle and gentler pursuits, Bill Montgomery still loves to play baseball. In September, Montgomery traveled to Cooperstown, New York, to play in the Legends of Baseball World Series, a tou . . .
FORT RECOVERY - The Fort Recovery Indians' volleyball team earned bragging rights over Jay County after winning the Ohio/Indiana border battle in three games on Tuesday night at Fort Site Fieldhouse. Serving helped the Indians . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Interim chosen fair manager
• Wind farm soon will be top Van Wert taxpayer
• Commissioners hire company to handle electronic payments
• County declines mediation in wrongful death lawsuit
• Dog park proposed in Minster
• Rockford water fund surplus predicted at $250,000
• More or better parking sought
• Crown buys more space to manufacture
• Celina is one win from capturing the WBL championship
• Coldwater has already earned spot in playoffs
• Bulldogs earn road win at Shawnee