Thursday, October 18th, 2012 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Results for local school districts were mostly sterling on the state report cards released Wednesday by the Ohio Department of Education. All but one of nine area schools received excellent or excellent with distinction ratings . . .
No cases of the rare fungal meningitis sweeping the country have been reported locally, and it appears the tainted steroid causing illnesses and deaths wasn't distributed here. However, area health officials warn the informatio . . .
MINSTER - Local author Richard Stein has published his 10th children's book after a 3 1/2-year hiatus. "Anthony Ant: Seeking Santa" tells the story of an ant who does everything possible - from eating hard beans and taping his . . .
LIMA - Wednesday's Division II sectional semifinal volleyball matchup at Lima Senior High School was all about revenge for Celina. The Bulldogs were still stinging from a loss against Bath to close the regular season last week, . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Sales tax likely to set record
• School outspends income, emergency status looms
• Mendon home invaders plead guilty
• St. Marys residents oppose location of gas station, store
• Police look into touching incident
• Choir shares with local students
• Band of Horses rides out with distinctive vocals
• Redskins, Rangers advance to finals
• Heitkamp tabbed top player in the MAC
• Postseason starts this week for Celina football
• Minster has tough road test at Versailles
• Grand Lake Football Primer