Friday, February 1st, 2013 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Local superintendents are cautiously optimistic about Gov. John Kasich's school funding plan overhaul that he said levels the playing field for all schools. Officials in the Grand Lake area heard Kasich introduce his new fundin . . .
FORT RECOVERY - It's never dull when Minster's girls basketball team visits Fort Site Fieldhouse every other season for their Midwest Athletic Conference matchup against Fort Recovery. It was a back-and-forth matchup for 32 mi . . .
Tamara "Tammy" Evers, a St. Henry woman implicated in the 2008 death of an infant in her care, received a one-year reduction in her prison sentence Thursday in Mercer County Common Pleas Court. The 48-year-old Evers was transpo . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Festival vendors moving by the lake
• Kasich: JobsOhio challengers trying to hurt economy
• Businesses expanding, tax revenue up in villages
• Insurance won't pay all storm costs
• Drugs, stolen cash box found at home
• 2013 Ohio Fairs Queen crowned
• Celina extends winning streak to 12
• Tigers top Cavs with suffocating defense
• New Knoxville remains a contender in MAC title race