Tuesday, July 25th, 2006 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
A 22-year-old Covington man may be paralyzed after diving head first into a shallow area of Grand Lake last weekend. Cory Canan, who was staying at the Grand Lake St. Marys State Park campgrounds, was with friends when he dove . . .
Erica Gelhaus' enthusiastic performance of the operatic aria, "Saper Vorreste" helped her win the title of Miss Lake Festival 2006 before a large crowd at the Celina Fieldhouse on Monday evening. The 18-year-old from St. Henry . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Many bids likely for demolition
• Celina councilors worry about grant-funded walk that would go nowhere fast
• Lump sum to be paid in lieu of taxes
• New cable service suffers setbacks
• One man headed to jail, second man has hearing continued
• Deadline to nominate Mercer County FSA committee members nears
• Manure Science Review coming to Mercer County
• An American sportswriter at the Tour de France
Jerome J. Jerry Gerstner, 59, of Uniopolis, died at 10:55 a.m. July 24, 2006, at Lima Memorial Health System. Death due to natural causes. He was born Nov. 6, 1946, in Lima, to Ferd and Lucille Hemmert Gerstner. On May 4, 1968, . . .
Sandra L. Shawver, 62, 788 E. 300 South, Portland, Ind., died early morning July 24, 2006, at her residence following a lengthy illness. She was born May 24, 1944, in Pontiac, Mich., to Ted and Sarah Whitesell Stouder. In 1961, . . .
New Bremen native Kenneth E. Thielker, 79, a resident of the Auglaize Acres of Wapakoneta, for the past five years, died at 7:17 a.m. July 24, 2006, in the emergency room of Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. . . .
Eugene Jerome "Jack" Wheeler, 87, of Celina, died July 24, 2006, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. He was born June 2, 1919, in Oakdale, Tenn., to Enos Jerome and Ella Lee (Nance) Wheeler. On Nov. 25, 1939, he married Hazel J . . .