Tuesday, September 9th, 2014 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
The emerald ash borer first identified in Ohio in 2003 is wreaking havoc locally, forcing officials to remove hundreds of dead and potentially dangerous trees from parks and public rights of way. Most communities are removing t . . .
ST. MARYS - New utility lines will be installed north along St. Marys River Road to U.S. 33 at the request of two property owners. At Monday's regular council meeting, city law director Kraig Noble said the well shared by the . . .
CARTHAGENA - The Mercer County Elks was loaded with high school golfers on Monday. In boys competition, Fort Recovery, St. Henry and Botkins clashed in a tri-match, while St. John's met Coldwater in Midwest Athletic Conference . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Celina council OKs wage boost for seasonal workers
• Village departments need space
• Township funding formula clears another hurdle
• Marion board OKs tax abatement for expansion
• Group forming to promote local arts
• Village of little help to resident dealing with problem neighbors
• St. Henry council OKs grant, loan applications for street work
• Celina ends dry spell with shutout victory
• Hot start by MAC could result in more playoff teams
• Coldwater spikers top Van Wert, improve to 10-2