Friday, September 25th, 2009 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ROCKFORD - The 235th birthday of America's earliest forester and environmentalist - the wandering Johnny Appleseed - was celebrated in Rockford on Thursday afternoon with a special tree planting. Two genetically authentic Johnn . . .
ROCKFORD - For three sets on Thursday night, the Parkway Panthers had the top-ranked Marion Local Flyers on the ropes, but the two-time defending state champions dug deep and hung on for a hard-earned Midwest Athletic Conference . . .
Mercer County commissioners this week approved a contract to accept nearly $150,000 in federal funds for projects in Celina and several area communities. The "formula" funding is one of several types of grants administered thro . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Electric rates may increase
• Attorneys want their evidence heard
• Mercer County seeks best deals for jail furniture
• Celina firm nets pact to revitalize Rockford
• Another easy league victory for Bulldogs
• Minster boy's golf finishes MAC schedule at 9-0
• Defiance wins WBL team title; Paulus is medalist
• Versailles holds onto tie for first
• Whitt makes his way up the racing ranks