Wednesday, July 27th, 2011 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Officials estimate that hundreds of local ash trees are infected and dying from a small bug that's invaded the U.S. The destructive emerald ash borer (EAB) has established itself in several local communities including Coldwater . . .
NEW BREMEN - Callie Wells pondered the door prizes at the eighth annual New Bremen Parks Fishing Derby before plucking a box of neon-colored worms. "I haven't caught anything yet but maybe these worms will draw some attention," . . .
ROCKFORD - Rockford natives Paul and Dorothy Schumm Shaffer have dedicated their lives to giving back, surpassing $1 million in charitable donations. The Shaffers, who celebrated their 60th anniversary in June, believe giving s . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Polls to stay at three schools
• Bids sought for construction of new restroom
• Water advisory remains in effect
• Grant funds go toward cleaning lake
• Man jailed for running meth lab
• Workers seed ground around sewer project
• More people choosing cremation
• Store offers medical supplies
• Losing streak for Mariners hits six
• Tourney run continues for Greenville, Vandalia
Thursday, March 23
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, February 4