Thursday, January 27th, 2011 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
MARIA STEIN - "It's simple. They're too close to homes." That was the message to a packed house at the American Legion on Wednesday evening from an Illinois couple who live near a wind turbine farm. Dave Hulthen and his wife, . . .
CELINA - Maintenance costs of the city's 34-year-old aerial ladder fire truck and 30-year old pumper tanker have exceeded $10,000 the last three years, according to fire chief Doug Wolters. At this week's regular council meetin . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Committing to the fight
• Student among winners of statewide writing contest
• Agreement reached with design group
• Intentions are good, but proposal is unfair
• Bulldogs will take on Indians without Homan
• Wessel in action on Saturday in Tennessee
• Grand Lake Hoop-la