Tuesday, October 24th, 2006 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
COLDWATER - How could soaking chicken bones in vinegar teach children about the importance of calcium in their diet? During the last four weeks, students at Coldwater Elementary School saw firsthand that bones left in vinegar a . . .
Sales tax collections are off about 1 percent for 2006, although Mercer County remains on course to meet original projections. The county has collected $3.029 million through 10 months. That figure is off less than 1 percent fr . . .
FINDLAY - After playing them earlier in the season, the Celina girls soccer team knew who from Elida they had to contain in order to advance in the Division I sectional. The problem was, they knew who, but couldn't figure out h . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Driver still jailed in ramming case
• Incumbent congressman faces war vet
• Cost saving measures not enough
• Police investigate possible abduction
• Village employees receive pay raise
• Preliminaries of subdivision plot accepted by council
• Water quality, large livestock farms top candidates forum
• Safe street parking discussed by council
• Man indicted for assaulting police officer
• Burglary suspect apprehended
• Postseason future looks certain for Roughriders
• Gaerke, Riley take top honors in MAC
Saturday, March 25
Thursday, March 23
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Saturday, February 4