Friday, March 30th, 2007 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Some area middle school students cannot read cursive writing when they see it on the board. On a recent SAT test essay question, only 15 percent of 1.5 million high school students taking the test wrote in cursive. The rest print . . .
Compiled by Gary R. Rasberry Celina finally was able to feel what it was like to score a boatload of runs in the first inning after giving up eight runs combined in the first inning of their first two games. Unfortunately, . . .
A 33-year-old Spencerville man has submitted a written not guilty plea to charges he stabbed another man in the neck in a bar fight in St. Marys on March 12. Eric C. Knopp offered the plea in Auglaize County Common Pleas Court . . .
A plain, hard-cooked egg often turns into an eye-catching decoration at Easter time - just add a little dye, paint, foil, wax, sequins, even gold trim and gems. Coloring Easter eggs is an ancient tradition. The egg - a symbol o . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Animal carcasses dumped in creek near Ft. Recovery
• Grand Lake bald eagles hatch unknown number of young
• $65 million budget to be in the black
• Man charged in assault of two police officers
• Area man enters plea to sex charges
• Increased rental of fairgrounds to up Mercer County Fair funding
• Bruggeman has big day for St. Henry
• Bulldogs break game open with six-run third
• Cavs' James delivers game-winner in seventh
Thursday, March 23
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, February 4