Wednesday, March 16th, 2011 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Preparing for steep state funding cuts put Mercer County in good financial shape to weather Gov. John Kasich's proposed budget for 2012 and 2013, local officials say. "It's less than we anticipated," county commissioner Bob Nud . . .
GRAND LAKE - Two landowners suing the state over flood damage to their farmland caused by Grand Lake's West Bank spillway have settled their cases for undisclosed amounts. The action canceled trials that had been set this month . . .
A countywide alliance of chambers of commerce and local businesses has formed to promote shopping in Mercer County. The Shop Mercer County effort is organized by the Fort Recovery Chamber of Commerce, Coldwater Chamber, St. Hen . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Ag Dept. to see staff reduction from budget
• Prosecution says body tells of earlier death
• Defense says soot in home from wife's candles
• New principal at Marion Local
• Council discusses state budget cuts
• Council passes 2011 budget ordinance
• Mercer County Commissioners award road material contracts
• Houston finds revenge against Minster in tourney
• Four local girls hoops players earn state honors
Tuesday, February 21
Monday, February 20
Saturday, February 18
Friday, February 17