Wednesday, October 15th, 2008 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
A Versailles couple were killed late Monday afternoon after their pickup truck traveled through a stop sign and collided with another pickup truck near Rossburg. Pronounced dead at the scene were Michael Oliver Brandt, 62, who . . .
A Mercer County judge closed a Tuesday hearing to the public and the media at which a coroner was to answer questions regarding the July 6 death of a St. Henry area infant. Trevor James Stammen, 6-month-old son of Brian and Ang . . .
VAN WERT - Despite playing without a couple of impact players, the St. Marys volleyball team was able to open the postseason with a victory. The Roughriders beat Auglaize county rival Wapakoneta for the second time this season, . . .
NEW BREMEN - The always rugged New Bremen volleyball sectional kicked off on Tuesday night with doubleheader action, as one Midwest Athletic Conference team gritted out a tough four-game win and another brought home a victory wit . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Local anglers get chance at rare catch
• Area women seek state board of education seat
• No surprise - alcohol's a problem
• From one office to another, Southwestern Auglaize chamber marks milestone
• Village administrator concerned over salt shortage
• Veterans' services approved for more funding
• Group of teachers keep up union dues fight over religious beliefs
• Engineering, trade skills program for students set
• Celina girls soccer wins in shutout
• Cavaliers march past the Panthers in three
• Versailles captures D-III tourney sectional crown
• St. Marys season ends on OT penalty kick