Wednesday, February 11th, 2009 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Several local communities have put their names in the hat for economic stimulus money. However, the "wish list" here in Ohio and across the nation totals far more dollars than President Barack Obama's plan can provide. No one y . . .
ST. MARYS - Ahead of schedule and under budget is good news on the new school being constructed. Bids recently came in at a total of $23.2 million, which is $4.4 million under estimate. Because of the low bids, the Ohio School . . .
FORT RECOVERY - Setting the tone early with defense and following up with solid shooting, Fort Recovery improved to 11-5 on the season with a 67-36 drubbing of Ansonia in a rare Tuesday night contest at Fort Site Fieldhouse. T . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Council to use carryover money to cover deficit
• St. Patrick's Day fun will return
• New Bremen buys road salt with group to cut costs
• Mayor: 2008 was year to complete infrastructure projects
• Out with the old, in with the new town solicitor
• 4 fire depts. unable to save local machine shed
• Lefeld constructs large shop addition
• Reconditioned appliance store opens
• Bulldogs' upset bid falls short in overtime
• Cavs fall on the road to state-ranked Wapak