Thursday, August 14th, 2008 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
The smell of baby powder briefly overpowers the whiff of elephant ears and funnel cakes as nearly a dozen babies compete for Diaper Derby champion at the Mercer County Fair on Wednesday. In the final heat of the day, 11-month-o . . .
The city of Celina is asking county health officials to help them fight a sticky problem: grease. Celina City Safety Services Director Jeff Hazel and Wastewater Treatment Plant Supervisor Kerry Duncan told health board members . . .
A 44-year-old Cridersville man died Tuesday evening and his 3-year-old son was injured after the canoe they and another child were riding in tipped over in a pond at the family's home. Christopher S. Spicer, 44, of Wapak-Crider . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Voters may see height variance issue on ballot
• BOE decides now is best time to purchase new bus
• Home games to be moved to high school
• Board tours school for project options
• Sheriff continues investigation in suspicious death
• Minster boys golf wins county match at Arrowhead
• Sheer Sahbra wins Grand Lake Pace