Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Thursday, August 14th, 2008 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
The smell of baby powder briefly overpowers the whiff of elephant ears and funnel cakes as nearly a dozen babies compete for Diaper Derby champion at the Mercer County Fair on Wednesday. In the final heat of the day, 11-month-o . . .
The city of Celina is asking county health officials to help them fight a sticky problem: grease. Celina City Safety Services Director Jeff Hazel and Wastewater Treatment Plant Supervisor Kerry Duncan told health board members . . .
A 44-year-old Cridersville man died Tuesday evening and his 3-year-old son was injured after the canoe they and another child were riding in tipped over in a pond at the family's home. Christopher S. Spicer, 44, of Wapak-Crider . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Voters may see height variance issue on ballot
• BOE decides now is best time to purchase new bus
• Home games to be moved to high school
• Board tours school for project options
• Sheriff continues investigation in suspicious death
• Minster boys golf wins county match at Arrowhead
• Sheer Sahbra wins Grand Lake Pace