Wednesday, June 10th, 2009 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
FORT RECOVERY - Many parents and students are upset about the board of education's plan to reduce vo-ag teacher and FFA instructor Michael Gower's pay by 18 percent. Well over a hundred people came to the board meeting on Tuesd . . .
Celina Police are investigating the suspicious death of a local woman after she and her husband were found in an unresponsive state at their home Tuesday night. Michelle Riley, 36, 428 E. Livingston St., was pronounced dead whe . . .
The Grand Lake Mariners continued their successful run through the preseason slate on Tuesday night as they defeated the Decatur Dirty Birds 4-2 at Jim Hoess Field behind great pitching and timely hitting. The Mariners improved . . .
Local officials are trying to fill a need and increase revenue by creating more camp sites at the Mercer County Fairgrounds during fair week. Thirty-two additional camp sites will be added to the west of the cattle barns to hel . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Suits against Coldwater school board dismissed
• Superintendent will leave for new job
• Canoe trip raises awareness
• Celina gives Reynolds and Reynolds a small strip of land already used by company
• State lawmakers can't make up their minds on health regulations
• Employees want info on retire/rehire
• Coldwater BOE hears about techniques learned at workshop
• TV broadcasts switching to digital on Friday
• Local skateboarding group needs to raise $20,000
• Road salt supplier is chosen
• St. Henry slips past Celina in 10th inning
• New restaurant owners feature home cooking
• St. Marys drive-through moves to larger site
• Celina business one of few selected for Guard award
Wednesday, May 27
Saturday, May 23
Saturday, May 23